The Julis-Rabinowitz Center for Public Policy & Finance (JRCPPF) promotes research and teaching at the intersection of finance, macroeconomics, and policy. The communications intern will help develop short articles and content for the news and events sections of the JRCPPF website as well as our social media platforms. The intern is expected to prepare at least 2 short articles and one longer policy brief per week and help with other social media or communications tasks as assigned. Policy briefs will be based on the research of JRCPPF’s faculty, postdocs, and students. These briefs aim to translate academic research into non-technical and accessible language. Short articles may cover activities of center students and faculty, as well as other relevant policy topics. Applicants should have an interest in business journalism, economics, and public policy, as well as solid reporting and writing skills.
Specific responsibilities include (but not limited to):
- Assist in generating content for the website and social media posts - content featuring the Center’s research, programs, or other finance and economics-related material. • Translating academic research for a broader audience.
- Writing, editing, brainstorming ideas, background research as needed, etc.
- Other responsibilities may include attending and reporting on JRCPPF events, panels, conferences and talks (if and when possible).
- Intern will have original articles posted and featured.
Communications & Journalism Intern
Maximum Number of Positions
Pallavi Nuka, Associate Director, JRCPPF
Ameet Doshi, Project Librarian
Skills You Will Need to Begin This Position
- Ability to read critically
- Ability to write clearly and convey complex ideas in plain English
- Excellent proofreading skills and attention to detail
- Familiarity with Twitter, LinkedIn
- Prior experience with website content posting (i.e. Wordpress or Drupal) is a plus
- Any video editing experience is a plus Any prior knowledge of economics is a plus
Skills You Will Develop
- Interviewing and writing skills
- Writing policy briefs and news articles
- Producing graphics/infographics
- A deeper understanding of economics and current policy debates
Careers Related to This Internship
- Journalism College or University Communications
- Corporate Communications
- Non-profit Communications
Materials Needed to Apply
- Information regarding knowledge of economics (such as AP or college courses taken).
- Candidates selected as finalists should be available for a brief conversation via Zoom.
Should you have questions or concerns about this internship, please reach out to Pallavi Nuka.