ASAP Program Benefits
The ASAP program begins with a paid internship experience. Students will be compensated in the following ways:
- Summer Institute stipend totaling $3,150 (paid in twice monthly installments),
- On-campus housing provided during the period of the Summer Institute, or transportation allowance for students who commute to Princeton's campus,
- Research and professional development fund of $1,000 (available June 1, 2022-May 31, 2023),
- Access to Princeton University Library resources for a full year (June 1, 2022-May 31, 2023), and
- Transportation reimbursements for in-person events during the academic year.
Networking and Mentorship
The ASAP program is designed to support you in building a multi-level mentoring network that will serve you throughout the program and beyond. Our weekly workshops and events over the summer provide opportunities to connect with the cohort of ASAP interns, with the ASAP program staff, and with other professors and professionals in higher education. Additionally, you will be actively supported by your Princeton summer internship faculty or staff mentor, as well as the home-campus mentor who will support and supervise you through the academic year.
At the center of the ASAP program are professional development and research methods workshops to foster skills--from analyzing film and media to pinpointing your life purpose--that you can apply directly to your summer internship and academic-year placement, and continue to build throughout your scholarly or professional journey.